Here’s a quick overview of the rules to get you started (full version below):
- Each photo must be uploaded using the submission form online (due to copyright permissions). Do not email them to us please.
- Each photo must have at least one product sold or produced by us here at Cowboy Cordage Inc.
- If you did not TAKE the photo, you may not SUBMIT the photo. Yes, even if you’re the one that’s in it (again, copyright permissions).
- Do not alter the photo such as sepia tone, black and white, shading, etc.
The 2021 Calendar Photo Contest for Cowboy Cordage Inc. is open to all photographers at least 18 years of age, in any state and/or country regardless of residency. Minors may enter the contest with a parent or legal guardian’s permission.
READ THE RULES BELOW!! Only photos YOU personally took can be submitted and they MUST have Cowboy Cordage Inc. gear in the photo!
Each photo submitted must be accompanied by our 2021 Photo Entry Form (submitted online) which includes a copyright declaration and advertising disclosure. There is no limit of entries per person, but each photo must be accompanied by the Photo Entry Form. Copyright infringement can be a criminal offense punishable by law. Do not submit photos you did not take, photos of persons whose permission you do not have, or photos of events in which photography is not allowed (such as the BigLoop in Jordan Valley).
Prizes to be awarded:
- Grand Prize (cover photo): $150 Gift Certificate and 2 copies of the calendar.
- 1st Place Category Winners: $50 Gift Certificate
- 2nd Place Category Winners: $25 Gift Certificate
- 3rd Place Category Winners: $15 Gift Certificate
It is important you review the following guidelines to ensure your picture is not disqualified:
- We are looking for unique digital photos for our five chosen categories this year. They should be of good, clear quality, in one of the following accepted formats: jpeg, png, gif, or tiff. Photos taken with older camera phones (depending on the phone) may not have a high enough resolution to be printed in a larger size, and therefore, may be disqualified as photos may be printed up to 12” x 12” in size.
- In addition, the photo must include at least one product sold or produced by us here at Cowboy Cordage Inc. These items include (but are not limited to) team ropes, ranch ropes, bits, spurs, caps, saddle blankets, kids ropes, etc. For a complete list of our brands and products, please view our product lines and/or current catalog.
- Images will be judged on uniqueness, portrayal of the working cowboy (cowgirl) and/or competitive event, clearness of the product within the photo, and how suitable the photo is for printing as a calendar image.
- Photos including our product in addition to a competing brand’s product where that brand can be easily identified may be disqualified.
- If you did not take the picture, you may NOT submit the picture. We have had several issues with copyrights in the past few years and will no longer be accepting submissions on behalf of anyone. DO NOT submit photos that were taken by someone else (even if you are in them) regardless of whether or not you have permission or whether or not it is stamped with a copyright mark – it will be disqualified.